Washington CNA Information
To work as a Nursing Assistant in the State of Washington, one must be certified by the state. Becoming certified one must follow the requirements of promulgated by the federal law in accordance to OBRA 1987. The Department of Social & Health Services (DSHS) reviews and approves CNA applicants within Washington. Finishing a state-approved training program and passing a state competency evaluation is required to be eligible to certified at a CNA. to be qualified as a CNA undergone state - approved CNA training program and passed the state competency evaluation. At the present, there are hundreds of qualified CNA who are working in State's healthcare facilities.
State Contact Information for CNA Certifications
Washington State Department of Health
101 Israel rd. SE
Turnwater, WA 98501
Phone # (360)236-4501
CNA Salary in Washington
- Approximately $21,214 to $34,253
- $11.67 per hour typically (Hourly rate will increase by experience)
Washington CNA Program & Training Information
A Washington CNA training program must at least 75 hours or more of classroom and clinical training combined. Some state-approved training programs may differ when it comes to number of hours in classroom and practical training.
See a list of approved Washington CNA training programs
Information in Washington
It is important to know that state regulations can change. This site is updated frequently, however, please double check all information with your states official government agency. Links and contact information are provided for your convenience.
If an approved CNA wish to work in Washington they must first apply for endorsement. The applicant must contact the Washingtion Nursing Assistant Registry to obtain Interstate Endorsement Form and Out-of-State Verification Form:
- For Interstate Endorsement Form, applicant must complete Section 1, 2, 3, 5 and 6. Section 4 is not required. Check the correct box for application which is by Endorsement. Completed form with required document such as copy of NA State - approved training program and fees (if any) must be mailed to the address indicated in the form.
- For Out-of-State Verification Form, the applicant must send the form to his/her home state. And applicant's home state will complete the bottom portion of the verification form and mail it back to the Washington State. If applicant's home state is listed on the list of NA State Registries, the verification form is no longer required.
Renewal in Washington
To renew CNA Certification in Washington:
(1) A pre-printed recertification form will be mailed out to the CNA 4-6 weeks prior to his or her birth date. Certification must be renewed annually on your birth date. If you still do not receive any notice, you may obtain renewal form by contacting Washington Nursing Assistant Registry or visiting the State Registry's website.
(2) Completed form with required documents and fees must be mailed to the address indicated in the form.
(3) It will take approximately 3-4 weeks to renew your license and get your new license back to you in the mail.
To renew Expired CNA Certification in Washington:
(1) Contact Washington Nursing Assistant Registry.
(2) If registry provide form, completed form with required documents and fees must be mailed to the address indicated in the form.
Study Guide and Practice Tests
Our Proven Study System Includes:
16 Review Lessons
Glossary Section + Medical Abbreviations
200 Study Exercises
Smart Device Compatible
4 practice tests & much more!
Bonus - How to get hired
CNA Skill Walk-through on Audio (Optional)