Alabama CNA Information
The Alabama Department of Health approves CNA training programs throughout the state and maintains the registry list of CNAs that are legally allowed to work in long-term care facilities.
State Contact Information for CNA Certifications
Alabama Certified Nurse Aide Registry
Alabama Department of Public Health
Division of Health Care Facilities
The RSA Tower, Suite 600
201 Monroe Street
Montgomery, AL 36104
CNA Salary in Alabama
- Average of $21,000
- $10.00 per hour typically (Hourly rate will increase by experience)
Alabama CNA Program & Training Information
Each program will differ from the next but all programs have to keep up with standards set by the State of Alabama. Alabama CNA training requirements includes 75 hours of training, classroom learning and hands-on learning.
See a list of approved Alabama CNA training programs
Information in Alabama
It is important to know that state regulations change often. This site is updated frequently,however, please double check all information with your states official government agency. Links and contact information are provided for your convenience.
If an approved CNA moves to Alabama from their home state, applicant must contact the Alabama Nurse Aide Registry to obtain a transfer/reciprocity form. You must meet the requirements of Alabama registry. Requirements are (1) you must have a work experience in a nursing home and (2) have an active certification with no substantiated findings. Once the State review and approve applicant's application, the applicant will be included in AL Nurse Aide Registry.
Renewal in Alabama
To renew CNA Certification in Alabama:
(1) A pre-printed recertification form will be mailed out to the CNA 2-3 months prior to your expiration date. If you still do not receive any notice, you may obtain renewal form by contacting Alabama Nurse Aide Registry.
(2) You must have an active CNA certification and able to perform 8 hours of nursing care duties or more every 24 months in a nursing home, hospital, home health agency and other medical facilities. If you meet the requirement, you are qualified for renewal.
(3) Completed form with required documents and fees must be mailed to the address indicated in the form.
To renew Expired CNA Certification in Alabama:
(1) Obtain reinstate form by contacting Alabama Nurse Aide Registry.
(2) The following conditions must be met:
- Work is for monetary compensation.
- Work is as a nurse aide, performing direct patient care.
- Work is under the supervision of a registered nurse.
- Total time worked equals eight (8) hours or more every 24 months in a nursing home, hospital, home health agency, hospice agency, or mental health facility.
(3) If you meet these requirements, completed form with required documentation, fees or if you change your name, provide copy of legal document verifying the name change must be mailed to the address indicated in the form.
(4) If your certification is expired for more than two years, you are require to re-take the CNA Examination.
Study Guide and Practice Tests
Our Proven Study System Includes:
16 Review Lessons
Glossary Section + Medical Abbreviations
200 Study Exercises
Smart Device Compatible
4 practice tests & much more!
Bonus - How to get hired
CNA Skill Walk-through on Audio (Optional)