Connecticut CNA Information
The State of Connecticut approves CNA programs in accordance to federal regulations. These CNA programs follow state rules to ensure the quality of care specifically safety in longterm care facilities. The Connecticut Dept. of Public Health, Bureau of Healthcare Systems, Division of Health Systems Regulation maintains a list of Connecticut Approved Nurse Aide Programs and they are also responsible in qualifying CNAs.
State Contact Information for CNA Certifications
CT Nurse Aide Registry
410 Capitol Avenue, MS# 12 APP
PO Box 340308
Hartford, CT 06134-0308
Phone #: (860) 509-7596
Fax #: (860) 509-7607
Email: [email protected]
CNA Salary in Connecticut
- Between $24,960 to $31,200
- $12.69 per hour typically (Hourly rate will increase by experience)
Connecticut CNA Program & Training Information
Connecticut CNA programs must be at least 100 hours in duration and be coordinated by a qualified Registered Nurse. Some state - approved training programs may differ when it comes to number of hours in classroom and practical training.
See a list of approved Connecticut CNA training programs
Information in Connecticut
It is important to know that state regulations change often. This site is updated frequently,however, please double check all information with your states official government agency. Links and contact information are provided for your convenience.
If an approved CNA moves to Connecticut from their home state, applicant must contact the Connecticut Nurse Aide Registry to obtain a transfer/reciprocity form. Applicant must be listed in good standing on the nurse aide registry in their home state. Once the form is completed with necessary documents and fees required by the board submit it by mail.
Renewal in Connecticut
To renew CNA Certification in Connecticut:
(1) A pre-printed recertification form will be mailed out to the CNA 2-3 months prior to your expiration date. If you still do not receive any notice, you may obtain renewal form by contacting Connecticut Nurse Aide Registry.
(2) You must have worked at least one 8-hour shift of paid employment every two years.
(3) Complete the form with required documents and fees. The form may be faxed to Nurse Aide Registry at (860) 509-8457 or it can be mailed to the address indicated in the form.
(4) If you have not worked at least one 8 hour shift of paid employment every two years, you must re-take the State examination. Upon successful completion of the examination, your certification will be updated.
To renew Expired CNA Certification in Connecticut:
(1) Contact Connecticut Nurse Aide Registry or visit the State Registry's website.
(2) If the registry provide form, complete the form with required documents and fees. Mail the form to the address indicated in the form.
Study Guide and Practice Tests
Our Proven Study System Includes:
16 Review Lessons
Glossary Section + Medical Abbreviations
200 Study Exercises
Smart Device Compatible
4 practice tests & much more!
Bonus - How to get hired
CNA Skill Walk-through on Audio (Optional)