Illinois CNA Information
As the health care industry grows in Illinois, the demand for qualified nurses continues to rise providing ample career opportunities. The Illinois Department of Health is responsible for setting standards of care in long-term facilities and oversees the training and certification of Nurse Aides. Illinois is one of the top ten states in demand for certified nurse aides creating a ample opportunity for those wishing to get into the medical field.
State Contact Information for CNA Certifications
Illinois Department of Public Health
Health Care Worker Registry
525 W. Jefferson St., Fourth Floor
Springfield , IL 62761
Phone #: 217-785-5133
Fax #: 217-524-0137
Toll Free #: 800-547-0466
Email address: [email protected]
CNA Salary in Illinois
- Between $20,800 to $27,040
- $8.66 - $10.87 per hour typically (Hourly rate will increase by experience)
Illinois CNA Program & Training Information
Illinois CNA training program must consist of 100 hours both classroom and clinical training. Some state - approved training programs may differ when it comes to number of hours in classroom and practical training.
See a list of approved Illinois CNA training programs
Information in Illinois
It is important to know that state regulations change often. This site is updated frequently, however, please double check all information with your states official government agency. Links and contact information are provided for your convenience.
If a CNA outside Illinois wishes to work in the state they must contact the Illinois Nurse Aide Registry to obtain a transfer/reciprocity form. Submit necessary documents and fees. An applicant must be in good standing and with good record in criminal background check. Illinois State will then contact applicant's home state registry for verification, once it is verified he or she will be listed in Illinois Nurse Aide Registry.
Renewal in Illinois
To renew CNA Certification in Illinois:
(1) A pre-printed recertification form will be mailed out to the CNA 2-3 months prior to your expiration date. If you still do not receive any notice, you may obtain renewal form by contacting Illinois Nurse Aide Registry.
(2) Requirement for renewal is that you must have worked nursing care duties at least 8 hours for the last 24 months. If you do not performed nursing or nursing-related services for a continuous period of 24 consecutive months, you need to re-take competency evaluation exam.
(3) Completed form with required documents and fees must be mailed to the address indicated in the form.
To renew Expired CNA Certification in Illinois:
(1) Contact Illinois Nurse Aide Registry.
(2) The registry will provide needed form, complete the form with required documents and fees. Mail the form to the address indicated in the form.
Study Guide and Practice Tests
Our Proven Study System Includes:
16 Review Lessons
Glossary Section + Medical Abbreviations
200 Study Exercises
Smart Device Compatible
4 practice tests & much more!
Bonus - How to get hired
CNA Skill Walk-through on Audio (Optional)