Kansas CNA Information
Kansas State follows the Federal Nursing Home Reform Act (OBRA 87), that establishes the standards intended to improve the quality of life and care for residents in long term care facilities. To become a CNA requirements set by the state must be met.
State Contact Information for CNA Certifications
KS Department of Health & Environment - Health Occupations Credentialing
1000 SW Jackson Street, Suite 200
Topeka, KS 66612-1365
Phone #: 785-296-1500 or 785-296-0058
Fax #: 785-368-6368
Email address: [email protected]
CNA Salary in Kansas
- Between $20,280 to $24,960
- $11.29 per hour typically (Hourly rate will increase by experience)
Kansas CNA Program & Training Information
A CNA training program Kansas must consist of 90 hours or more of classroom and clinical training combined. Some state-approved training programs may differ in the number of hours in classroom and practical training.
See a list of approved Kansas CNA training programs
Information in Kansas
It is important to know that state regulations change often. This site is updated frequently, however, please double check all information with your states official government agency. Links and contact information are provided for your convenience.
If an approved CNA from an outside state wishes to work in Kansas they must first apply for reciprocity. The applicant must contact the Kansas Nurse Aide Registry to obtain a transfer/reciprocity form. The completed form with required documents and fees must be submitted by mail. In addition, applicant's certificate must be listed good standing on their home state. Once an applicant is approved by the state, he or she will receive a letter regarding on taking the state test.
Renewal in Kansas
To renew CNA Certification in Kansas:
(1) A pre-printed recertification form will be mailed out to the CNA 2-3 months prior to your expiration date. If you still do not receive any notice, you may obtain renewal form by contacting Kansas Nurse Aide Registry.
(2) Requirements to be met:
- You must work at least 8 hours in 24 month period to retain certification
- Has no record of abuse, neglect and exploitation
(3) Completed form with required documents must be mailed to the address indicated in the form.
To renew Expired CNA Certification in Kansas:
(1) Obtain Reinstate form by contacting Kansas Nurse Aide Registry.
(2) Complete the form with required documents and fees. Mail the form to the address indicated in the form.
Study Guide and Practice Tests
Our Proven Study System Includes:
16 Review Lessons
Glossary Section + Medical Abbreviations
200 Study Exercises
Smart Device Compatible
4 practice tests & much more!
Bonus - How to get hired
CNA Skill Walk-through on Audio (Optional)