Nebraska CNA Information
To ensure the quality of education and care in long-term care facilities Nebraska follows regulations as indicated in federal law (OBRA 1987). Before a person can work as a CNA in Nebraska, one must meet the standard requirements of certification.
State Contact Information for CNA Certifications
CNA Salary in Nebraska
- Between $22,000 to $29,000
- $10.71 per hour typically (Hourly rate will increase by experience)
Nebraska CNA Program & Training Information
Nebraska CNA training program must have at least of 75 hours or more classroom and clinical training. Some state - approved training programs may differ when it comes to number of hours in classroom and practical training.
See a list of approved Nebraska CNA training programs
Information in Nebraska
It is important to know that state regulations change often. This site is updated frequently, however, please double check all information with your states official government agency. Links and contact information are provided for your convenience.
If an approved CNA wishes to work in Nebraska the applicant must request an application form for Interstate Endorsement and Abuse Inservice Documentation from Nebraska Nurse Aide Registry. For Abuse Inservice Documentation Form, it is not necessary to mail it together with the Endorsement Form just fax it at 402-471-1066. An applicant must also need to undergo Nebraska one-hour training on abuse and neglect. This is a part of applicants orientation. If he or she experience difficulties in obtaining this training, please contact Wanda Wiese at 402-471-4971.
Renewal in Nebraska
To renew CNA Certification in Nebraska:
(1) A pre-printed recertification form will be mailed out to the CNA 2- 3 months prior to your expiration date. If you still do not receive any notice, you may obtain renewal form by contacting Nebraska Nurse Aide Registry or visiting the State Registry's website.
(2) Requirement for renewal is that you need to be working in any nursing or nursing related duties at least 8 hours for monetary compensation in the last 24 months.
(3) Completed form with required documents and fees must be mailed to the address indicated in the form.
To renew Expired CNA Certification in Nebraska:
(1) The State do not have expiration dates, as long as you continue to work and does not have a two-year gap in employment as a nurse aide, you will remain "Active" indefinitely.
(2) Nurse aides in the State of Nebraska are not on a renewal system—they are kept active by employment that is reported to the Registry by the employer using the Nurse Aide Registry Form and Termination Form.
Study Guide and Practice Tests
Our Proven Study System Includes:
16 Review Lessons
Glossary Section + Medical Abbreviations
200 Study Exercises
Smart Device Compatible
4 practice tests & much more!
Bonus - How to get hired
CNA Skill Walk-through on Audio (Optional)