North Carolina CNA Information
In the State of North Carolina work opportunities are relatively high. To be eligible in NC Registry,one must undergo qualifications made by the N.C. Health Care Personnel Registry Section. CNAs in this State are protected and it is a good place for work experience.
State Contact Information for CNA Certifications
NC Nurse Aide Registry (Nurse Aide 1)
NC Department of Health & Human Services
Division of Health Service Regulation
2709 Mail Service Center
Raleigh, NC 27699-2709
Phone #: 919-855-3969
Fax #: 919-733-9764
CNA Salary in North Carolina
- Between $19,736 to $31,866
- $9.71 per hour typically (Hourly rate will increase by experience)
North Carolina CNA Program & Training Information
North Carolina CNA training program must have at least 75 hours or more both classroom and clinical training. Some state - approved training programs may differ when it comes to number of hours in classroom and practical training.
See a list of approved North Carolina CNA training programs
Information in North Carolina
It is important to know that state regulations change often. This site is updated frequently, however, please double check all information with your states official government agency. Links and contact information are provided for your convenience.
If an approved CNA wishes to work in North they cannot. North Carolina State DOES NOT ACCEPT RECIPROCITY or listing transfers from another state. To be listed in North Carolina, you must either: (1) pass state-approved Nurse Aide I training (or comparable) and competency testing or (2) pass state-approved Nurse Aide I competency testing.
Renewal in North Carolina
To renew CNA Certification in North Carolina:
(1) A pre-printed recertification form will be mailed out 2- 3 months prior to your expiration date. If you still do not receive any notice, you may obtain renewal form by contacting North Carolina Nurse Aide Registry or visiting the State Registry's website.
(2) Requirement for renewal is that you must work nursing or nursing - related duties for at least eight hours or more for pay during the 24 month registry listing period.
(3) Completed form with required documents and fees must be mailed to the address indicated in the form.
To renew Expired CNA Certification in North Carolina:
(1) Contact North Carolina Nurse Aide Registry.
(2) Contact registry for appropriate form - completed form with required documents and fees must be mailed to the address indicated in the form.
Study Guide and Practice Tests
Our Proven Study System Includes:
16 Review Lessons
Glossary Section + Medical Abbreviations
200 Study Exercises
Smart Device Compatible
4 practice tests & much more!
Bonus - How to get hired
CNA Skill Walk-through on Audio (Optional)