CNA Programs - A Popular Choice
Completing a CNA Program to become a Certified Nursing Assistant is a promising way to enter the medical industry. Those interested in the medical field, deciding on a career path or opting for a change in career are increasingly interesting in pursuing a CNA Program to ultimately become certified as a CNA. This entry-level position in the medical field is attractive for many reasons:
1. CNAs are in high demand and currently lead all medical occupations in terms of growth according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
2. CNAs are needed in many different environments including hospitals, psychiatric institutions, hospice, elderly facilities and home health care. Helpful CNA employment chart: nurse-schools-online.com
3. The high demand for CNAs means ensured employment and job security after certification making this an attractive career path in the current down-turned economy.
4. Certification is relatively inexpensive compared to other vocations and degree pursuits and can be completed in a matter of several weeks not months or years when compared to a degree or medical technician training.
5. The fact that a CNA is an entry-level position in the medical field attracts many candidates to enter a CNA Program since only a high school diploma or equivalent deems them eligible.
Finding Certified Nursing Assistant Programs by State
If you are motivated to become a CNA you will want to enroll yourself in a CNA program. The CNA program that you ultimately choose must meet your state’s requirements. State’s will differ in how many hours students are required to complete both in-class work and clinical practice. Furthermore, pick a CNA program that fits your budget, time constraints and overall flexibility, there are many programs available to you, with a little research you will be able to find a program that meets your needs.
If you are solely using the Internet for finding a CNA program in your area you may find if very difficult to come across valid, current or even correct information. The best advise that we can offer is to start at your state’s official website that oversees Nursing Assistant Certifications. See: CNA Information by state.
Use our study tools while you're studying for the CNA certification exam. Our study guide a complete review, study exercises, flashcards and 4 practice tests. Our study guide comes with CNA skill walk-through on audio; listen and practice along with a step-by-step instruction audio.