Taking care of people in need of help is a thoroughly rewarding job. After you successfully complete your Certified Nursing Assistant training course and pass the CNA certification test, you must embark upon your career path by looking for job opportunities in Long Term Care Facilities, hospitals, clinics and other medical facilities. Before these facilities will hire you to be part of their medical staff, you will need to undergo a series of job interviews.
Some of the most common interview questions for CNA that may be asked are as follows:
- Why did you choose a CNA course?
- What makes you think a CNA’s job is one of the best jobs?
- What do you least enjoy about being a CNA?
- Why should we hire you for this CNA position?
- Have you ever worked for a nursing home (or hospital, home-care agency, hospice, depending on the employer) or as a home health aid?
- How was your previous work experience?
- Why did you leave your last position?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- What do you hope to be doing five years from now?
- CNAs usually follow orders from superiors and work under pressure. How do you think you would handle working under these conditions?
- Certified Nursing Assistants must always follow orders from doctors and nurses. Tell me about a time when you were asked by your superior to do something you didn’t believe in. What did you do?
- What are your ambitions five years from now?
In a nutshell, job interviewers need to know how professional, responsible and compassionate you are. You need to emphasize your best qualities and convince the interviewer that you can perform excellent care when it comes to tasks such as bathing, toileting, transferring and reporting.
If you have not yet received CNA certification, you may want to consider using our CNA Study Guide. It is an e-book that breaks down key CNA concepts into outline form, making easy and efficient to learn. It also contains a section on handling CNA job interviews, and is replete with supplementary study tools, such as 4 CNA practice tests, 200 question exercises, and 300 printable flashcards to aide memory recall.
Study Guide and Practice Tests
Our Proven Study System Includes:
16 Review Lessons
Glossary Section + Medical Abbreviations
200 Study Exercises
Smart Device Compatible
4 practice tests & much more!
Bonus – How to get hired
CNA Skill Walk-through on Audio (Optional)